Ghana as a country is privileged to have a thriving economy with many opportunities for businesses to grow. To support businesses grow, there are 23 commercial banks that operate in the country at the moment. These banks include local and foreign banks and are able to open a bank account for both locals and foreigners.
How much do I need to open a bank account in Ghana?
How much do I need to open a dollar account in Ghana? Banks such as Fidelity Bank, Prudential Bank, ADB, Access Bank, Standard Charted Bank and Ecobank all require you have at least 100 dollars as deposit before they open a dollar account for you.
Which bank account is best in Ghana?
Top Banks in Ghana
- The Top Banks in Ghana are:
- GCB Bank Limited. …
- Ecobank Ghana (EBG) …
- Zenith Bank of Ghana. …
- Absa Bank Ghana Limited. …
- Agricultural Development Bank. …
- Société Générale Ghana Ltd. …
- Fidelity Bank of Ghana.
How do I open a Barclays bank account in Ghana?
What to bring to the branch
- Two passport-sized photographs.
- National ID (excluding NHIS) or valid passport for foreigners.
- Proof of residence i.e. Recent utility bill, tenancy agreement, local government rate document, bank statement or passbook containing current address etc.
How much do I need to open an Ecobank account in Ghana?
Ecobank demands that the initial deposit for a customer opening a savings account is GHC30.
Can you open an Ecobank account online?
Tap into new Ecobank Online
View all accounts/transactions in one place. Move seamlessly between accounts. Send money simply – locally and overseas. Schedule payments easily in advance.
What is the richest bank in Ghana?
Overview. GCB Bank Ltd is the largest indigenous financial institution in Ghana with 184 branches. As of December 2018, the bank’s total assets were valued at about GHS9. 7billions+, with shareholders’ equity of approximately GHS:1.3billion+.
How much do you need to open a savings account in Ghana?
The survey indicates that, the cost of opening a savings account in Ghana is somewhat significant as at the end of the second quarter of 2019. The data has it that 3 banks – Zenith, Standard Chartered and Societe General require that a new customer makes an initial deposit of GHC100 to open a savings account.
How do I open a GCB savings account?
- One passport-sized photograph.
- Valid photo identity (Passport /Driver’s License / Voter ID).
- Proof of residential and postal address (any of the following): Utility bill. Tenancy agreement. Employer’s reference letter.
- Initial minimum balance to be maintained at all times.
Can I have a dollar account in Ghana?
The Foreign Currency Account allows you to maintain accounts in foreign currencies (US dollars, Pounds, Euros and Chinese Yen). You can fund these accounts through travellers’ cheques, lodgement of foreign currency cheques or SWIFT inflows.
How much does it cost to open a dollar account in Ghana?
Banks such as Fidelity Bank, Prudential Bank, ADB, Access Bank, Standard Charted Bank and Ecobank all require you have at least 100 dollars as deposit before they open a dollar account for you. While the likes of Bank of Baroda, GCB and Universal Merchant Bank (UMB) will require at least 200 dollars.
How do I open a US bank account in Ghana?
Requirements for Opening a Personal Bank Account in Ghana
- A valid form of identification such as a passport.
- Proof of residence.
- Tax Identification Number.
- Passport Pictures.
- Work and residence permit.
- A letter of introduction from your banking institution in your home country.
How much do I need to open an Absa account?
What you need to open your account
- Recommended monthly income of R3 000 or more.
- Minimum account opening balance of R50.
- A valid bar-coded South African ID or a valid passport for foreign nationals.
- Proof of residence.
Can I get a Swiss bank account?
Swiss banks are happy to have foreign residents as customers. You can hold an account in Swiss francs or in a range of other world currencies. Each bank will set the minimum deposit amount for opening the account, so you will need to find a bank that will accept the amount of funds you have.
Can US citizen open UK bank account?
It is possible for an American to get access to their own U.K. bank account, it’s just difficult. … If you’re planning to be a resident in the U.K., you can visit a U.K. bank when you’re there, and providing you have a valid address document and a valid identity document, you can open an account.