What are common names in Kenya?
11 Beautiful Kenyan Names and What They Mean
- Akinyi. From the Luo tribe on the shores of Lake Victoria, Akinyi is a girls name meaning “one who was born in the morning.” …
- Zawadi. This is a Swahili name used across the country for girls. …
- Chepkirui. …
- Makena. …
- Wawuda. …
- Naserian. …
- Wawira. …
What is the most popular girl name in Kenya?
1. Mary – It’s the commonest name in the country according to the respondents picked as the study sample. 2. Mercy – The name was ranked as the second common name in the country.
What is Kenya’s real name?
Kenya, officially the Republic of Kenya (Swahili: Jamhuri ya Kenya), is a country in Eastern Africa.
What is the most common surname in Kenya?
Most Common Last Names In Kenya
Is Kenya a girl name?
The name Kenya is primarily a female name of Hebrew origin that means Animal Horn.
Is Nairobi a boy name?
The name Nairobi is a boy’s name of African origin. The capital of Kenya makes a melodic and worldly name.
What are some African girl names?
Top African girl names
- Abeba. This name is a palindrome, this means it forms the same name when spelled forward or backward. …
- Aberash. This unusual Eastern African name means ”giving off light” or ”shining”
- Ada. …
- Amara. …
- Chidinma. …
- Hadiza. …
- Hibo. …
What does the name Kenya mean?
Meaning “striped one,” Kenya is an African name. Kenya Name Origin: African. Pronunciation: ken-yah.
What are some Swahili names?
Swahili Baby Names
Is Kenya poor?
Although Kenya’s economy is the largest and most developed in eastern and central Africa, 36.1% (2015/2016) of its population lives below the international poverty line. This severe poverty is mainly caused by economic inequality, government corruption and health problems.
How old is Kenya?
Ken’ya or Kenya (written: 賢也, 賢哉, 研也, 研哉, 建也, 建哉, 健也, 健矢, 兼哉 or 謙弥) is a masculine Japanese given name. Notable people with the name include: Kenya Akiba (秋葉 賢也, born 1962), Japanese politician.
What are African last names?
Most Popular African Last Names Or Surnames:
- Abara: Originating from the Igbo group of West Africa, Abara means ‘spirit’.
- Abebe: The genesis of this Ethiopian name is Amharic, and it means ‘flower’ or ‘blossom’.
- Abimbola: …
- Abiodun: …
- Abioye: …
- Acheampong: …
- Achebe: …
What are some Egyptian last names?
Most Common Last Names In Egypt