But unfortunately Education in Nigeria is bisected with myriad’s of problems. These includes; poor funding and thus poor educational infrastructures, inadequate classrooms, teaching aids (projectors, Computers, Laboratories and libraries), paucity of quality teachers and poor / polluted learning environment.
What are the problems of educational development in Nigeria?
12 Problems of Education in Nigeria and Possible Solutions
- Poor Funding.
- Poor Governance.
- Lack of Responsibility and Control.
- Politicization of Education.
- Lack of Infrastructure.
- Poor Parenting and Guidance.
What causes lack of education in Nigeria?
Lack of qualified teachers, instructional materials, inadequate library facilities, inadequate remuneration, poor pupils’/students’ attitude to learning, parental responsibility, issue of misplaced priority by government and corruption or lack of integrity among some educational stake holders.
What are the challenges faced by education?
Here are 4 challenges faced in the education world.
- Mastering the virtual world. …
- Missing the physical connect. …
- A world with no boundaries. …
- Blended learning accessible to all.
What are the major issues in education today?
Issues Regarding the Educational System
- Quality of Education. First of which, is the quality of education. …
- Budget for Education. …
- Affordability of Education. …
- Drop-out Rate (Out-of-school youth) …
- Mismatch. …
- Brain Drain. …
- Social Divide. …
- Lack of Facilities and Teacher Shortage in Public Schools.
What are the five challenges facing teacher education in Nigeria?
Moreover, an important thrust of the paper hinges on the challenges facing teacher education in Nigeria which include, inadequate funding, poor societal perception of teacher education; lack of commitment among teachers; problem of attrition in teaching; lack of motivation; unethical behaviour of some teachers.
What is the biggest problem in our education system?
The biggest problem facing education today is the lack of innovation and mobility in higher education. Because of a number of private and public factors, colleges and universities have turned into massive private businesses with multi million dollar athletic departments and multi billion dollar endowments.
How is education in Nigeria affected?
Nigeria’s government recently acknowledged that the country has the highest number of children out of school in the world. It says there are 10.5 million children not being educated. Education officials have blamed cultural factors, nomadic communities and the Boko Haram Islamist insurgency.
Who is responsible for the downfall of education?
Government is largely responsible for the falling standard of education; they change policies concerning education so frequently, leaving both teachers and students confused. They also do not equip classroom and laboratories appropriately to make for effective learning.
What are the causes of poor quality education?
Causes of Lack of Education Across The World
- Low Economy of Developing Countries. …
- Lack of Teachers or Having Teachers Untrained. …
- No Classroom. …
- Lack of Materials for Education. …
- Denied Education for Children with Disabilities.
What is research problem in education?
A research problem is a statement about an area of concern, a condition to be improved, a difficulty to be eliminated, or a troubling question that exists in scholarly literature, in theory, or in practice that points to the need for meaningful understanding and deliberate investigation.
What are the biggest challenges facing online education today?
Dear, the challenge of online education include poor network services, lack of power supply, high fees, lack of direct teaching and learning and poor computer compliance and literacy level. For sure internet access is the main challenge.
What are the problems in primary education?
12 Major Problems of Elementary Education with Its Solutions
- (1) Wastage and Stagnation:
- (2) Part-Time Education:
- 7) Enrichment of the Curricula and Improvement of Quality:
- 8) Teacher:
- 9) Provision of Schools:
- 10) Accommodation:
- 11) Equipment’s and Ancillary Services:
- 12) Parental Education:
How can we solve educational problems?
Principles for teaching problem solving
- Model a useful problem-solving method. Problem solving can be difficult and sometimes tedious. …
- Teach within a specific context. …
- Help students understand the problem. …
- Take enough time. …
- Ask questions and make suggestions. …
- Link errors to misconceptions.