How can I get Ghana citizenship for free?
Registration/Naturalization as Citizen of Ghana
- Purchase (Application form 3)
- Copy of Passport (Bio Data Page)
- Current OR Indefinite Residence Permit page.
- Copy of (Spouse) Ghanaian Passport (Bio-data page)
- Consent letter from Spouse.
- Copy of marriage Certificate.
How can a foreigner become a citizen of Ghana?
Ghanaian nationality is typically obtained under the principle of jus sanguinis, born to parents with Ghanaian nationality. It can be granted to persons with an affiliation to the country, or to a permanent resident who has lived in the country for a given period of time through naturalization.
Why dual citizenship is bad?
Drawbacks of being a dual citizen include the potential for double taxation, the long and expensive process for obtaining dual citizenship, and the fact that you become bound by the laws of two nations.
Can I travel to Ghana with two passports?
On acquiring the dual citizenship, a holder will be entitled to apply for Ghanaian passport in addition to their US passport. It is an offence however, for a dual citizenship holder to use two passports interchangeably to deceive an immigration officer.
What are the requirements for a passport?
Items You Need to Apply for a U.S. Passport
- An original proof of citizenship document.
- An acceptable photo ID document.
- A photocopy of the front and back of the citizenship document and photo ID document.
How can I apply for Ghana Passport online?
How to Apply
- Open the Ghana.gov website.
- Click on Passport Office.
- Click on “Apply”
- Click “OK”
- Click on “Sign Up” at the right-corner of your screen.
- Enter your details as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on “Continue” after completing the details.
Who can be a witness for Ghana passport?
A witness can be a Ghanaian in any of the listed professional field to whom the applicant is personally known: A Clergyman. A Solicitor or Barrister. Head of a recognised Educational Institution.